Located in the Assembly Rooms of Abellaneda, Las Encartaciones Museum was inaugurated in 1934. Years later, following the restoration of the building by the "Juntas Generales" of Vizcaya, an extensive refurbishment of the museum was carried out. Once the refurbishment was complete, the museum was re-inaugurated in 1994.
Its halls combine very diverse materials (originals, audiovisuals, reproductions, recreations, models, photographs, illustrations...) which provide visitors with a clear idea of the history of the region of Las Encartaciones from its origins through to the mid-19th century: the difficult living conditions in prehistoric times, the Roman presence, the new cultural situation during the late Middle Ages, the founding of towns, the frontier violence and the importance of the traditional iron and steel industry during the Old Regime are just some of the aspects which are reflected in the museum. A hall is also dedicated to the institutions, giving special attention to the "Juntas" of Abellaneda.