This bridge over the Bilbao river joins the towns of Areeta (Getxo) and Portugalete. Designed in 1893 by Alberto Palacio, it was the first transporter bridge in the world. It now has a new gondola, which was inaugurated in 1998. From the upper walkway, 50 metres high, we can enjoy panoramic views. It was recently declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in the Industrial Heritage category, given its emblematic character as a symbol of Vizcaya and of the Basque Country, and thanks to its value as a link in the chain of bridges built in the 19th century.