A coastal town in the historic territory of Vizcaya, Elantxobe is sheltered by Cape Ogoño and protected by several cliffs.
The smell of salt leads travellers to the port, where fishing activity is concentrated. In 1783, several docks were constructed to prevent the onslaught of the sea. These have now been reinforced and are a beautiful addition to the town.
If we venture into the streets, we can visit the parish church of San Nicolás de Bari, which is dedicated to the patron saint of seamen. The town's main street is flanked by old sandstone walls, where numerous plants grow.
Moreover, the buildings set out on steps are very eye-catching. They all look out to sea, as if they are waiting for the fishermen to return home.